Assignments by Spine: (50 points)
Literature and Historical Analysis (30 points)
Read the book and complete the historical analysis paper, linked above.
Great Documents in US History (30 points)
Great Documents in US History link
Discuss the comprehension, critical thinking. making connections, relating the past to our lives and essay questions orally. Write answers to the comprehension questions.
Topics: (Choose 2)
The Soul of Black Folk
Women's Right to Vote
Films and Historical Analysis
J. Edgar (R for language)
The Untouchables (TV Series)
Places in the Heart
Inherit the Wind
Spirit of St. Louis
The films and books below have been selected based on written reviews and recommendations and represent a variety of reading levels and rigor. This list provides no guarantee that any given title is appropriate a given student, school or setting. Parents and teachers are responsible for evaluating and approving the selection of any book or film for each particular student.
Opposing Viewpoints (10 points for each 1 hour discussion)
Possible Essential Questions
Projects (25 points)
Create a project that demonstrates your mastery of at least 3 of the "I CAN" statements.
25 Projects Synthesize your Learning
The ideas linked in the document below have been gathered from all over the web and from a variety of teachers. Thanks to all!
I CAN Statements
1. I can identify cases of increased discrimination against African Americans and immigrants in the 1920s
2. I can explain why the 1920s was dubbed the "Roaring Twenties"
3. I can describe the impact of Prohibition on American society; crime, social clubs and status, and corruption
4. I can recognize how purchasing methods and buying power changed Americans in the 1920s
5. I can explain the connection between government's lassaize faire economic policy, risky stock market speculation, banking practices, and the stock market crash